Sunday, November 30, 2008

Headcold

We're out of commission. My head hurts, the skin on my face hurts, my sinuses hurt, my eyes are itchy and watery, and my nose is either stuffy or runny. My husband and I got sick at the same time. He's such a trooper. He just went to Wal-Mart to buy tissues and a chicken. I need to make chicken soup. I'm ever so much looking forward to standing in the kitchen and shredding a chicken for 30 or 40 minutes. Not.

I'm appreciating having an 11-year-old son who can shop. I gave him the list of items to purchase so we can make a Hershey Kiss Christmas tree craft and he'll pick up those items while my husband gets the chick and the Kleenex.

Tonight we light the first candle of Advent. The Prophecy candle. Why do I have to be a mess. My hair is dirty and my eyes are all beady.

No comments: