Thursday, November 20, 2008

Memorization job

Progress is being made. I do it for my family once through every night after dinner, but the men went to watch football tonight so I got to practice by myself for two hours. I have the first page memorized! There are four pages in all. I'm so proud. Here's how much I know by heart.

The Bible says
He's the King of the Jews. (say each slowly and thoughtfully)
He's the King of Israel.
He's the King of Righteousness. (emphasize the 'r')
He's the King of the Ages.
He's the King of Heaven. (speed up)
He's the King of Glory.
He's the King of Kings.
And He is the Lord of Lords. (I say this loudest with my arms outstretched)

Now that's my King! Do you know Him? (I added the second sentence from another version. I think it draws the listener in.)

David says
The Heavens declare the glory of God (big heaven with hands)
And the firmament showeth His handiwork (point to ground)
No means of measure can define His limitless love (pinch fingers together for 'define')
No far seeing telescope can bring into visibility the coastline of His shoreless supply (pretend telescope in my hands)
No barriers can hinder Him from pouring out His blessing (arms crossed, palms open)

(These six lines are my weak spot.)
He’s enduringly strong (on my knees, hands in strong fists)
He’s entirely sincere (stretch arms and hands open)
He’s eternally steadfast (stand up, fists to side)
He’s immortally graceful (wavy arms)
He’s imperially powerful (one arm bent, then other, pump it to side with a fist)
He’s impartially merciful (open arms wide, palms up)

That’s my King!

He’s God’s Son (I say this a little quieter)
He’s the sinners’ Saviour (arms out to side, like a cross)
He’s the centrepiece of civilisation
He stands alone in Himself (loud)
He’s august (point, get excited when I say each of next six single words, angling body r & l)
He’s unique


Okay these I learned just tonight but I have to wait till tomorrow night to see if technically I remember them:

He’s unparalleled
He’s unprecedented
He’s supreme
He’s pre-eminent
He’s the loftiest idea in literature (palms open like a book)
He’s the highest personality in philosophy (hand goes up as if showing height)
He’s the supreme problem in higher criticism (knuckles in small circles)


I'm pretty pleased with myself that I've gotten this far.

Today I felt a lot better than yesterday with my stomach. Son took two tests. Got a B in grammar, and then got a C, which we call flunking and our curriculum calls "Need To Review," in literature. If only he'd gotten one more right and it would have been a B. Dern. But we still had a good day together.

No comments: