Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Still good

I don't know why I'm happy, but I am. I might be accidentally getting the spirit of Thanksgiving. Generally I would wish to jump clean over the rest of this year and land directly on January 2nd. Our son has decorated up the trailie inside and outside for Christmas already. He's a decorator from the git-go. We don't know where he picked it up from because husband and I never have done much decorating. Well, when we had a house we did get excited about putting up lights outside. I told my husband each year, "Look at the Burton's lights, we need more lights like the Burton's!" Haha! It was fun. We never did get as many as the Burton's. They rocked the lights.

We're going to go to a Thanksgiving buffet at a restaurant this year. I've always wanted to go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving. I hope it's good. I was going to cook, cook small that is, but our fridge is too full with leftovers. I have no space for even a small bird. It only holds up to three days of food. I will cook some other time. We're going to our friend's house on Friday with his family.

I've been thinking of adding a verse like Kathryn and Jules are. I don't know if I can do one every day, but I like seeing ones I have never read before. This is the one on my mind today. Of course, you have to read it fully in context all the way to verse 16 to comprehend its meaning, but John 14:2 is nice.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

No comments: