Saturday, November 08, 2008

Lately

I've been thinking about American Sign Language and worship dance. I found a fantastic site - the American Sign Language Browser - that describes and shows hand signs. It's great fun. And I also found an article about praise dance in Pentecostal churches that I found fascinating. How I wish I could go to her classes.

The lady that I'm assisting, or signed up to be an assistant to, had a big headache today so we didn't do the hand motion dance to the song I Can Only Imagine that she invited me to work on with her. I think I know it now anyways, so next week I'll show her. It's a fun little worship dance. She calls it a dance but actually there's not a lot of body movement. It's all hands, arms, and a turn, and falling to our knees, and getting back up. What kind of cracks me up is, I offered to help her and last week she told me she's getting surgery so if we do it I will be the one to guide the youngsters in a performance. Whaaaat? Now tell me, what kind of assisting is that? Sounds to me just like I'll be doing it without her. Haha! Oh help me, please. Sigh. Well, I'm up for it, whatever comes of it.

I'm still working on my big memorization project. Here's how far I am:

The Bible says
He's the King of the Jews
He's the King of Israel
He's the King of Righteousness
He's the King of the Ages
He's the King of Heaven
He's the King of Glory
He's the King of Kings
And He's Lord of Lords

That's My King! Do you know him?

David says
The heavens declare the glory of God
And the firmament showeth His handiwork
No means of measure can define his limitless love
No far seeing telescope can bring into visibility the coastline of His shoreless supply
No barriers and hinder Him from pouring out His blessing

He's enduringly strong
He's entirely sincere
He's eternally steadfast


That's how much I know so far. Pretty good, huh? I'm very impressed with myself and I'm not even 1/4 the way through. Haha! Oh dear. And my child can say it faster than I can and it makes me want to bonk him on the head.

Last Wednesday at belly dance class my teacher said she only sang in the shower and I said, "Aw, c'mon, sing something." And she did! And the acoustics in the senior center complemented her voice. So then she told me to sing. Bah, I don't even know the words to any songs, I told her. Then I remembered my memorization job! I said, "I will tell you my memorization project." And guess what. I did. And I did fairly well. Only thing was I stopped breathing and had to squeeze out my last sentence. One really needs to breath in and out when one is speaking. Anyways, I was somewhat pleased because she told me it was really good. She was being nice, but still.

No comments: