Monday, September 29, 2008

Wed.

Wednesday at 9:30am we're going to meet some peeps at the church. Last night a lady said she wanted to teach the kids a dance that she used to teach at a church in California. I happened to be sitting where I always sit because if I stay seated for awhile my son will walk around and chat. While he was chatting I overheard them talking.

The kid's pastor turned to me and asked me if I'd be interested and I said, "definitely maybe." I asked the gal to show us some of the movement she had in mind and I guess she knew a Hawaiian person whom she said danced very beautifully and she did some hand and arms movements that this other dancer did. Shazaam! I didn't say a word but Arabic and Polynesian have some similarities and I can do flowy movement. I'm going to work on my hand, arm, and wrist movements today and tomorrow. Plus I thoroughly enjoyed doing the hand motion dances with the kids at VBS so perhaps I could assist somehow?

No comments: