Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Needing new leggings

Where do I start today.

I need new running pants. I guess I should say leggings. The ones I wore today - I had panty lines, and lint, and they're kind of high waters. They look really stupid on me. Note, I did not say I look stupid in them, but they look stupid on me. It's not my fault. Husband said I can order a new pair and he said I should get a whole outfit that's warm. My eyes are going bad and my last "outfit" is two different shades of black with two different styles of racing stripes that don't match. Well, they matched in the dressing room at the mall, they matched at the cash register, they just don't match in sunlight where you run in real life.

And what is up with legislating things that should be parental responsibility?

Inappropriate advertising contributes to many kids' ills, from obesity to anorexia, to drinking booze and having sex too soon, and Congress should crack down on it, the American Academy of Pediatrics says.

For us women here's an article from the Daily Mail in the UK. I see me to a tee in this one. Except for one thing. If my husband wandered...


I majored in anthropology so I found it very interesting. Feminists are going to have a complete melt down.

Lastly, I cannot locate my Advent prayers and Christmas carols. After five years, I finally have them whittled down to be a perfect fit for my family and now I can't find the folder with the contents. We've gottalottamanillafolders, but I can't find the one I need. I put it in a place that I wouldn't forget.

Serenity NOW.

2 comments:

jb said...

"I put it in a place I wouldn't forget." ROFL! How often have I done that??? It's not a fun place but it is a familiar one. How many times have I prayed, "Lord, you know where such-and-such is. Please help ME find it!!" One of the many comforts of being a Christian! Serenity NOW, take a deep, cleansing breath, let it go!

I really hope you find your folder. Also, there's a quote you might like, at the very end of my post about Elizabeth Berg, about hair ~ (yes, HAIR!!), specifically graying hair!

Take it easy, Lil. : ) Have a great day. Think: camera!

Anonymous said...

Bah ha ha, that Serenity Now always makes me laugh. SERENITY NOW!

But that's why I walk indoors, in front of the b**b tube, because I can walk in my jammies looking pathetic and no one but my children see. And they see me that way all the time. If I had to go out in PUBLIC? I'd never go. Of course, being 20 degrees and icy helps.

Me, I put stuff "in a special place so I don't lose it" ALL the time. It's pretty much the kiss of death for my specialest things.