Monday, November 06, 2006

So close to done

I have five inches to go on my scarf! Of course I will take a picture of it when complete. At 3:30pm I'm goin' to Reta's house (that's Rita with an 'e') and she'll show me how to bind off and fold the bottoms up to make pockets. I'm so excited.

I already have yarn for my next scarf and I'm looking at it the whole time as I'm knitting this one. It's like candy in front of me. I think I will decide who it's for as I knit it. I will wait and let the knitting tell me who it belongs to. Perhaps it might be for my daughter-in-law-to-be?

Also, I'm going for my walk/jog now. I never do it in the morning. Hate the morning jog! But it's getting dark so early and I don't think I can visit with Reta, make dinner eat dinner, and jog all in the space of 4:00 to 6:00pm.

Going to give our son a 30 minute working break which gives me time to jog. All our campers are gone (we have ten in our row) so he and his daddy can go and rake and clean up sites for new campers while no one is here. It goes on his volunteer timesheet that he hands in each month!

This week we even had campers from Switzerland! Their English was good, with an accent. It sounded so neat. They had their rig shipped over here for $4,000.00. Wow! I'm disappointed that they left already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the scarf!! Don't forget to post a pic when you are done. :)

I'm starting a project today. It will either be an afghan or a poncho...depending on how soon I run out of yarn....

Liliana said...

Thank, thanks!

It is surprising how many yards it takes to knit a little ol' scarf. Good luck on YOUR project!