Monday, May 25, 2009

Leaving Nashville


We're leaving Nashville tomorrow morning. Today we went to Opryland and walked around the atriums. It's huge. The convention center is there and the hotel and places to eat. We walked through the Delta Atrium and the Cascades Atrium. The flowers and foliage are impressive. We didn't see anyone working in the gardens but everything was perfect - the dirt was perfect, the flowers were perfect, the windows were clean. I didn't see a single dead plant! It's enclosed and I have no idea how they keep the glass roof so clear. The hallways are positively opulent. Imagine the hotel rooms!

I'm disappointed I missed church yesterday. We could have gone to Cowboy Church which I wanted to experience, or we could have gone to listen to Mike Huckabee, former governor of Arkansas who was a candidate for the Republican presidential nomination. Drats.

Remember, our satellite dish quit working. I will post again when we have a connection. I think there is one where we're going, but I'm not sure. We're going to Gatlinburg, TN. Hopefully, we will see the Great Smoky Mountains and the Great Smoky Mountains will see us. Ciao!

No comments: