Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last day of 2008

I shook and tower and worshed my hair and got to dry it in the sun today. It was cool, but sunny. I'm going to make a meatloaf now. All we did for homeschooling was thank you notes, but this is the first year we did it 1) without tears, 2) promptly, and 3) sent one to everybody who gave him a gift. I think it's a combination of him being older now, and me not demanding it be handwritten and lengthy. I let him pick thank you e-cards from Dayspring. I told him to type up a few sentences mentioning the exact gift received and how he felt about it. His words were rather thoughtful actually and he did it with very little direction from me. I was pleased. And I also bookmarked three pages of quotations and had him choose a few that he liked and instructed him to add a quote to each note just for the ducks of it. His favorite quote from quotegarden.com turned out to be:
I feel a very unusual sensation - if it is not indigestion, I think it must be gratitude. ~Benjamin Disraeli

Boys!

No comments: