Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Memorizing mainly

Mainly my whole point of existence today amounts to trying to memorize the next four lines in my recitation. I got the first one down, then the second one, but after I added the third and fourth I could only do the first one and flubbed up all the rest. So I made up a body movement as a muscle memory mnemonic. It helps a lot.

Our son got his first lesson in weapon safety today and I went and took notes so I can write up a test for him. I like doing that. His teacher is a friend of ours who teaches gun safety and shooting (I'm sure there's a more technical title for it) to the law enforcement officers for New Mexico State Parks. He's awesome. I could not find a better teacher and he's doing it out of the goodness of his heart.

I read that John Wayne's gravestone says “Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight, very clean. When it arrives it is perfect. It puts itself in our hands. It hopes we learned something from yesterday.” I don't think he originally said it. I can only find that it's author unknown. I like it though.

Today was a real nice day.

No comments: