Monday, October 27, 2008

RCA Digital Voice Recorder


I bought one today for about $35.00. I've been wanting to record my pastor's sermons so I can listen to them more than once and also to review the sections where I could not write fast enough.

It took me 30 minutes to edit tonight's prayer meeting audio (I took out a lot of hallelujahs and stuff) then it took me another half hour to figure out how to convert it to .wmv so I could import it into iTunes. I'm gonna synchronize my iPod right after I write this and go to bed and listen to it! I edited it in Windows Movie Maker which was a mistake. I'll have to check the software that came with it to see if I can edit it there so I don't have to do so much converting. It's such a fun little new toy! I was going to get a regular recorder like I had in college eons ago but this one was only five bucks more and I can download the sound files to my computer. Cool, huh? And it comes with its own USB connector. Isn't that nice? I really need another USB port connector in the trailer. Not. It operates on two AAA batteries, is lightweight and small, and at high quality will store 18 hours of yapping. Most excellent techie toy I say. At standard quality you can store 140 hours of yapping!

We prayed for our country and the election tonight at church. About 15 people attended and there was a lot of loud praying going on. Our son went with me and I was proud of him. He was the only child prayer there and he didn't just sit and keep his seat warm. I wonder if he'll go again. I didn't invite him, he asked to go. I hope he will take up my praying where I leave off when I die, er, expire. We've only spotted a couple Obama signs in town so I guess the Obama people are all in Northern New Mexico. We are praying for God to work in a supernatural way at the polls.

Our computer connection has been poor all day, waiting and waiting for a single page to load, and it's still slow tonight. I couldn't even get online till noon.

I called my sister and chatted for a few minutes today. She said we need to talk more often. She said it real matter-of-fact as if she was the older sister. She's not the older sister, I am. She's a little sister.

My husband bought me a new electric blanket. Sunbeam makes kind of junky products. This is the second blanket I've had that stopped getting hot enough. I put it on high and it's barely warm. I tried to get a refund at Wal-Mart but no luck. I had the receipt too! It's one year old almost to the day. It has a five year warranty but it's a limited warranty. See that little, old, word "limited" is the fly in the ointment. I asked for a manager and he too told me that I'd have to return it to the manufacturer. He said Wal-Mart's refund policy is only for the first 90 days. That's a pain in my patoot.

I wanna say hi to MaeDean.

Hi MaeDean whom I met in Wyoming. :)

No comments: