Friday, October 31, 2008

Pre-election prayer day set

They're expecting up to 70,000 in the stadium at Qualcomm Stadium (was called Murphy's Stadium when I was young) in my hometown tomorrow for fasting and prayer. California has Proposition 8 on the ballot to ban h*m*s*x**l marriage in the state. My friend's pastor isn't performing any marriage ceremonies at all, and many other pastors he knows are not doing them in California because they're afraid they could face legal action for refusing to marry h*m*s*x**ls. Also, if g*y marriage is not repealed many people are afraid teachers will have to teach it in schools, but no one knows for sure.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metro/20081030-9999-1m30call.html

I'm going to fast with them tomorrow from 10am to 10pm. I'm going to drink liquids only. I won't go all the way to 10pm if I can't hack it though.

No comments: