Friday, May 25, 2007

Will this work


My little S2IS takes movies. I dropped it on the asphalt today and it bounced a couple/three times, much to my chagrin, but she's still workin'! Yay! Canon makes sturdy cameras.

And I tried uploading a short vid just for the ducks of it. Not a great video, but I think it worked. Videos might be fun!

Water is water falling pretty much anywhere, unless you're there to hear the roar with your own ears, feel the mist in your face, and see the massive amount of H20 pass by you with your own two eyes.

In 1912 there was a small boat accident and a seven year old boy went right over the falls. One of the Maid of the Mist tour boats picked him up. Alive. His 17 year old sister survived too. She was picked up before going over the falls. The driver of the boat died.

The falls are worth seeing. Everyone should see them once in their life. So let it be written, so let it be done! But it's extremely touristy here. Four days is a-plenty. I'm grateful that we were here and able to do a couple of the "touristy" things to boot. When I was a child we would have been able to see the falls only. Still, the falls alone, on their own, are quite a feast.