Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pic of the day


Dedicated to EowynJudySunshineSubsumed!

The Colorado River, at a place called Horseshoe Bend, near Page, Arizona. My first try at photostitching. This pic is made with four singles stitched together to make one. I didn't get the bottom of the river because I don't have a wide enough lens yet (I see one in my future now!) and I dared not step any closer to the edge. It's a long ways down! It was 90 degrees out when I snapped this. I'm so rough and tough. Heh. My upper thighs are sore tonight from the walk.

Eowyn, you are generous in words and thoughts. Thank you for your inspiring blog and for a post just for me tonight. Sometimes I just open your blog and stare at it. lol! Words cannot quite express what I wish to say. I'm glad someone recognized that I did go when I seriously didn't want to. I could give a hoot what anyone thinks when I don't go to things, but I care what my boy thinks and feels. They changed the date because of us, I think, so I couldn't squirm out of it! My son winked at me while he was up there with the pastor. Sure made me smile. Hopefully time will soften the new wife's hurt and she'll someday realize that what my family lacks for in show and following formalities, it makes up for in other ways. Sigh. It's a long way around.

I like your style, EowynJudySunshineSubsumed. Thank you for being a blessing to me.