Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday night

Tomorrow I have to get up at 6:30am so we can make it to Cruces by 9:30am. I'm not exactly looking forward to it. The results I look forward to, but not getting it done.

I cooked homemade chicken soup for dinner tonight.

The union members will take a vote on Wednesday. I'm baffled by the militant attitude of the noisiest members. At the meeting today our son said when speakers talked about renegotiating the contract being for the good of all the members some people were out and out disrespectful. It's wrong. The members are so me, me, me. Consequently our son is exceedingly anxious now. We can hope he'll make it past the first wave of layoffs. Ultimately it's in God's hands. The humans in charge are idiots. When my husband was a supervisor he found a guy asleep on the job. The union stepped up to the plate and protected him and the guy kept his job. Unbelievable.

I've been calling my oldest son by my youngest son's name and my younger son by older son's name all day today. I don't even notice when I do it. I do it whenever my eldest son is on my mind.

No comments: