Monday, January 22, 2007

Roe v. Wade: 34th anniversary today

Blacks didn't choose slavery. Jews didn't choose genocide. And babies don't choose abortion. I was going to protest at the courthouse with an anti-abortion group at noon today, but the roads are closed down and schools and businesses are closed for the day. Next year.

Roe v. Wade passed by a vote of 5-4 on this day in 1973. I was 13. The vote of one man effected the outcome of the fate of 50 million babies to date, not unborn babies, dead babies. In 1973 no one knew what we know now.

See, when the United States chips away little by little at morality after awhile it all starts to fall away.

Dr. Jerome Lejune of Paris, a world renown geneticist who discovered the chromosome for Down's Syndrome said "Life has a very long history, but each of us has a unique beginning, the moment of conception." In 1973 it was believed that a newly conceived baby was nothing more than a blob of tissue. How far we have come since then!

The Georgia House of Representatives is preparing to challenge the 34-year-old Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion with a new bill that establishes an unborn child as a human person at conception deserving full protection under the law with no exceptions. I think it's time.

Psalm 139:13 in God's Word to the Nations says You alone created my inner being. You knitted me together inside my mother. The Bible rocks my world. You gotta read the whole chapter. Gotta!

I updated my blog. The bottom isn't finished so don't look down there. Sometimes in IE the bottom quarter of my header doesn't show unless I refresh. That's weird. It's fine in Mozilla. But then, in Mozilla there a glitch in my post list. One post title is partly on top of one above it. I've no idea why. I got a favicon to work in Mozilla though. Yay.

We've ordered a new modem. Well, reordered. The first one never came from the esteemed company of Direcway (said with great sarcasm). They've have the worst customer service to be found anywhere on the planet.