Wednesday, August 26, 2009

omg

Is there any more hackneyed, trite, overused acronym than OMG? Is there? I always read it as "Oh my gosh," but I think more frequently the commonly accepted phrase is "Oh my God." Hey, has anyone heard not to take the Lord's name in vain? Do people even comprehend the power that God has? I think not because if they did they would not bandy His name about as if they were saying "awesome" or "no way" or "yippee."

I grew up in a godless household. We were taught to be good but it didn't have anything to do with Jehovah. We never went to church. We didn't have a Bible in the house. Nobody prayed. On the contrary, we were trying to do astral projection. And even so, from the time I was in elementary school we clearly knew not to say, "Oh my God." It wasn't allowed. It just wasn't. What happened to the world?

Today, practically three inches high on the front page of Drudge I see the headline of the day, OMB:OMG. Ugh. I am so weary of OMG.

Ted Kennedy died. There's a guy who made a life on the Kennedy money and name and nothing much else. All I can think of when I think of him is Chappequiddick and Mary Jo Kopechne. How does a guy like that get voted to the Senate.

I can hardly stand Rush Limbaugh. He always talks about himself. But Monday he had the funniest audio clip making fun of the Your Life, Your Choices guide for end of life decisions that the Obama administration wants disseminated to veterans. The Bush administration suspended its use because end of life decisions belong to individuals and families only. Government has no business sticking its nose into something so personal as death and dying. The sound file is at http://mfile.akamai.com/5020/wma/rushlimb.download.akamai.com/5020/New/yourlife.asx :)

And who's going to want to work for the CIA if there's a probe and someone is prosecuted? Obama is setting a terrible, terrible precedent by following through on an investigation. Every administration after this one can always find something to investigate from the previous administration. You have to move forward. Presidents should stick together on some things no matter what. Move forward.

No comments: