Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Test run earring


Mainly I wanted to do something with the olivewood beads I ordered from Bethlehem, Israel. I've been holding on to them. I hold on to beads way too much. Must be some sort of affliction. For some weird reason I feel so connected with my beads. I can pore over them for the longest time.

I realized I've learned a bit about beads since I bought my first ones at Wal-Mart about three years ago. The seed beads I used tonight - I realize now they're junk. They lack so much in uniformity, size, shape, and the colors look like they're rubbing off such that I find them unusable. Anyway, here's a mock-up, but I don't think I'll make a mate for it because the bugles look pretty bad. Come to think of it I used these same beads for a tank top embellishment and after I washed the top all the beads were one color; no color silver color! Why did I keep them? It's for certain. I must be one cookie short of a dozen for not throwing them out then.

Another view to show how they would hang from the ear.


I'm going to rework the design with different (as in better) seed beads and see what I can come up with out of the beads I already have. The wooden beads are from Israel. Oh, I already said that. (I like 'em a lot.) The others are oval, glass pearls.

No comments: