Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Beaded dragon earrings


We're in Arizona. It's a little on the cool side, but I haven't been outside much. I haven't gotten much exercise since we left and I'm atrophying all over. Bummer. Our wifi has been a little spotty and I've been mostly offline. My fingers aren't atrophying though. I have a picture of my dragon earrings to share and it's not bad. I got the pattern from a book. I'm frustrated with trying to photograph my beadwoven earrings so they show well and this is as good as it gets so far. They're shown against a background of very fine styrofoam. Haha! Well, you do what you can do, right? And they're on a dusty laptop that's been taken out of storage because Vista is not doing any good on my desktop.

I fiddled with amethyst and red last night and decided I don't like it, so I'm going to take it apart and try again. I like amethyst and red just not in this particular earring. I think I'd like it in all dark red. The red in the center is of brighter seed beads. I thought I'd try blending them in the middle and make them dark at the bottom but I think now I should have made the bottom bright red to draw the eye down the length of the earring then out into the universe. A person doesn't need their eyes stuck in the middle of an earring.