Thursday, March 20, 2008

I own Grishko 2007s


I did it. Bought my first pair of pointe shoes! I think they fit well? They feel bizarre on my feet. Very foreign. They are not too shiny, and not too pink. The box is not too big.

I hope...I can dance in them.

Tonight at 6:30pm I take them to class for the teacher to look at them and approve them. Then! I take them home and sew on the ribbon and elastic. Woo hoo! This is Jessica who did the trying on with me. She wears Grishko 2007s too. Hmmm. Funny that's what I ended up with too, huh. I look like a lunatic because I'm excited. She has a perfect smile because she's done this hundreds of times. She was very nice and easy to talk to. I liked her a lot.

I got pads for inside the toe. They're gel pads. There's a lot to know about pointe shoes. They die. Yeah, that means, I think, they break (the arch part?) and then they offer up no support for the foot. They die. It can happen very fast if you have strong feet and depending on how hard you dance and how often. I don't know. I have a lot to learn about toe shoes.

No comments: