Monday, June 04, 2007

Rain, rain, rain

We had lots of rain on the coast of Maine today. Tomorrow will be a driving day. We stayed here today rather than drive in the weather.

We went out for Chinese tonight and I had the biggest bowl of wonton soup I've ever had. It was not bad either.

Drove by a restaurant that had huge boilers steaming outside. They were full of lobster! I don't like lobster though. Alaskan King Crab is my favorite. I do like clam chowder and I had some last week that was very good. I had fish and chips that were good too. But I ate so much I got a tummy ache that lasted all night. I really did eat like a piglet. Shame on me. Now I don't want anymore fish or chowder.

We've been closed in all day and because of it homeschooling went really well. It was one of those enjoyable homeschooling days when the world seems far away and it feels so good to be a family. Son did a week of math in two hours with my husband, and we did Bible, history, grammar, literature and spelling. I like grammar a lot.