Sunday, June 10, 2007

A joke complements of my husband

My husband gets e-mail jokes from a few friends from work from before he retired. They're all retired now. I think his friends are peculiar because they all trade joke e-mails and write a real e-mail to each other about once a year! This one I think is kind of cute. He sent it to me tonight, so he thinks it's funny too. (I can't sleep so I'm reading jokes.) My husband likes to josh and say I'm the oldest woman he's ever been with. He was married twice before me, and we've been married 22 years. One of his previous wives has passed on, and the other is a few years older than I.

When I was married 25 years, I took a look at my wife one day and said, 'Honey, 25 years ago we had a cheap apartment, a cheap car, slept on a sofa bed and watched a 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a hot 25-year-old blonde.

Now we have a $1,500,000.00 home, a $95,000.00 car, several motorcycles and a nice big bed and a plasma screen TV, but I'm sleeping with a 50-year-old-woman. It seems to me that you are not holding up your side of things.'

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me to go and find a hot 25-year-old blonde, and she would make sure that I would once again be living in a cheap apartment, driving a cheap car, sleeping on a sofa bed and watching a 10-inch black and white TV.

Aren't older women great? They really know how to solve your mid-life crises!



Haha! I'm almost 48. I can't believe 50 is so close! When I was very young I did put up with a philanderer. Two philanderers. No, three! Then I met my husband and life has been so wonderful. If I was with a philanderer now, at my advanced age, I would never stay. I'd say sayonara without batting an eyelash. Life is far too short to spend it in misery with a rotten human being. It only took me one lifetime to learn this.

Tomorrow is a traveling day.