Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I love a good bio

I'm fond of people who don't take themselves too seriously especially when you know they're fully qualified to do so. I've visited 3Quarks often but never looked up the contributors till today. From 3QuarksDaily:

Ram Manikkalingam
Ram Manikkalingam is currently gainfully unemployed. He has been a physicist, a radical activist, a political analyst, a political theorist, a presidential advisor, a beggar, a funder, and of course a slacker. He speaks four languages badly (and none of them are Urdu, Hindi or Punjabi). He likes to think he is a black New Yorker and a leftist Sri Lankan, but his friends and enemies say he is really a WASP from Boston. He writes for 3QD because he is unemployable.

Hey, I'm gainfully unemployed! I can't wait to say it when the opportunity arises. I already know what my husband will say. "And how long have you been waiting to use that one!"