Saturday, January 17, 2009

Running today

I did my 1.5 mile walk/jog. Today it was actually a jog/jog though. I didn't walk at all. Woohoo! I'm no gazelle. I'm slow as molasses, but hey I'm out there doin' it. As I was jogging along I saw a bluebird. He flew to a different tree ahead of me so he could watch me.

As I ran I was thinking about how far I've come in one month. I could barely jog, what?, 100 feet at first. Quite sad. I'd be huffing and puffing like no tomorrow and then it took me ten minutes to catch my breath and my lungs hurt too. Today it popped into my mind, "I am wonderfully made." The human body is amazing how it responds to care and exercise. I thought the verse had more to it, but I could not remember what. The actual words are in Psalm 139:14, “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”

Getting into shape = Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

I might need a note card system.

No comments: