Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm knitting tonight

I'm starting a lavender sachet (that's a color) baby blanket for Christmas.  Last night I started three times and pulled it out three times.  Tonight I'm going to keep going no matter what. I think that's what Reta would tell me to do.  It's an unofficial practice run. I can tell my stitches are improving, and in fact I was doing a yarn over backwards till a few minutes ago.  Now that I'm doing it correctly I can see it's getting an edge like it shows in the example photo. 

Leah spoke with me a few minutes this afternoon and we're all set to have our son's first meeting to wash and brush horses.  It will be 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday evening and there will be 4-H kids there too.  Leah said she thinks I'm more excited than our son is.  I let my guard down for a mere moment and my real feelings of anticipation showed brightly.  A leetle bit too brightly! Yikes.  I have to be careful or everyone here may realize the secret truth that on the inside I am a complete doofus.  Currently, it is confidential information available only to those who read this blog.

So I'm going to sit on the sofa and knit and pretend it's winter.  I wish it were cool enough to turn on the space heater but it's not.  My feet are cold, but my husband will throw a king size fit if I turn on the space heater and point it at me.  It's about 74 degrees in here. Oh he's so fussy.  And I'm going to think.  And pray.  I have prayers calling me and I need to say them. Or is it, I am called to prayer?  Yeah, I think that's the way you're supposed to say it.

No comments: