Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bible look-up thingie

I carry my Bible in my purse, but it's getting heavy on my shoulder: Bible, camera, big ol' honkin' wallet. It's too much.

Sometimes I know part of a verse, or all of one, but I don't know where it is in the 66 books of the Bible. My index doesn't always help me. The best option is Google, but amazingly, I'm not always at my computer. What to do? I searched for an electronic Bible and found this Franklin one! It has the NIV and KJV plus a Holman Dictionary. Actually I wish it had the New KJV on it but it doesn't. I'll be able to find correct pronunciations easily! How excellent is that. I can look up the difference between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and expiation and propitiation. It has devotionals (which I have aplenty right now) and memorize-a-verse and other doodads on it. I hope it's as good as it sounds. Best of all, it supposedly will fit in my back pocket. That would be perfect. I used my birthday money to buy it. I've been holding on to that money for two months.

Homeschool went poorly today. It was our first day of 7th grade and K12 failed to activate my account. All the fun parts online were unavailable. Sheesh.

No comments: