Friday, July 31, 2009

A bit of flu

This week our son brought home the stomach flu. Everyone thought it was a toxic reaction to blue-green algae in the lake. Two kids even had an official report written up by the park people to record their illness. I was sure he had the blue-green algae, cyanobacteria, illness too. We were calling it the Elephant Butte Puke. But. What? Then my husband got it, then I got it! It wasn't the water; it was the flu! And an ugly flu it was. Who needs to hear the flu described? I don't. You don't. We all know what the stomach flu does.

Terrible sighting today. We saw a roadrunner eat a Gambel's Quail chick. Horrible. I hope I never see it again. Actually, I think he killed it quick, but it was awful to see. I feed the birds birdseed. I'm not putting out any more birdseed until the babies are bigger. It was awful. I know it's nature doing its thing, but I love the baby quail. They're precocial you know. That means that as soon as they're born they can walk and talk and eat. If they're altricial, that means they're hatched bald, blind, can't walk and have to be fed by their parents. The photo is a baby and a male, daddy probably. See the baby's plume? It's flat on his head. It doesn't stick up yet.


I made a daisy chain bracelet. It's kinda cute. It was going to be an eyeglass chain, but it was coming out too short for that. It's not really made right, but no one has to know that but me. Don't click to enlarge. I need to wax my armies.

I'm slightly annoyed. I went to Classmates.com and added my grandbaby's pic to my profile. What do I see? A guy that I liked added his profile. He was such a nice guy and treated me so well. Hhmph. Does he write me? He does not. You know what I'm sick of. Guys who can't write three decades later because their wives will not like it. What kind of marriage is that, I ask you? My husband doesn't mind if I email a guy that I knew in high school. It's not like I'm leaving my husband. It's not like I'm in love with anyone except him. I think something is drastically lacking if a person can't even write a person from years ago without some kind of weird jealously thing going on. That's just weird. Isn't it? Or is it me? Could be me ya know. Wouldn't be the first time I'm the weird one. Sheesh. I don't know why I bother having good memories about people. I should just throw them all away. They're not worth anything to anyone except me anyways. On the other hand, could be they simply have no inclination to write and that's not necessarily good, bad, or indifferent. In which case, then I'm really full of myself. That's even worse.

On the up side. What is the up side? I gotta think of one. Oh, on the up side, I'm washing my hair tomorrow. And I wore a Jackie Bun to church last Monday night. I was pleased with how it came out. In contrast, I have to try a lot of times to get my Hypno Bun to look like I want. I guess tomorrow is measuring day. I forgot about it till just now.

No comments: