Monday, April 21, 2008

FLDS

In ballet class the ladies said they saw some women from the FLDS on television. They said the women looked weird and creepy because the all wore the same style dresses and turn of the century hair styles. I don't have a tv so I couldn't comment. But I have an opinion. I did see a photo of one of the moms on DrudgeReport online. I don't think they look weird or creepy. I think they are trying to live a good life, a right life, apart from the world. I'm worried for the very young children that have been parted from their mothers - infants, toddlers, and preschoolers. That's not good for the children. There are few foster homes that are very, very good. My experience is limited and I only knew a few teens in foster homes when I was kid, but none of them were nice places to be. And where is the girl who placed the call to 911? The state doesn't have a case right now, does it? Are young girls being forced into marriage? I don't know. I suspect they are, but that's just based on the past case that was in the news. I really have no idea what's going on there, same as everyone else. If bad things are happening to the girls, wouldn't the women speak up for them? Maybe not, and that bothers me a lot.

No comments: