Tuesday, March 06, 2007

A beautiful day at the ranch

One of our favorite rangers owns a ranch and he and his wife took us out there today. I didn't expect much on account of it being New Mexico and it's all pretty barren out here but it was spectacular. We saw an old ranch house that was built long ago out of adobe and has salt cedar branches for a roof. Inside the house was a veritable gold mine of old stuff. There were cows and horses outside. We saw deer in the hills twice. They were beautiful deer with big black noses and cute ears. It has been determined that I definitely must buy a longer lens! I needed to be closer to the deer. I haven't downloaded my pics yet and I can't wait to see what I got. There's only have half an hour till the dreaded 6:00pm comes. I picked the worst thing for Lent this year. I get my best computer work done after 6:00pm I've realized. This daytime blogging just ain't gettin' it.

I'm having a case of the uglies. I bought some hair spray thinking I'd try some out for practice before the wedding. Tresemme smells too strong. Yesterday I bought some of the Pantene Ice hair spray and I agree with the advertising that it gives great shine but it depends on what kind of shine. It's a lacquer-like shine. I threw it away. And I disliked how it made my hair feel.

We're having a good dinner tonight - fajitas, fideo, and refried beans. It's one of my favorites. It smells so good! My husband is cooking it right now. He knows I absolutely must get a blog update done. Priorities, you know.

Well, that's it. I have to go feed the bunnies so we'll have a bunny show during dinner. Our kitchen table is in front of the window and we have a good view watching the cottontails and the jackrabbits eat their dinner while we eat ours. One night we had four jacks and eight cottontails!

We leave to Arizona on Monday!