Monday, June 12, 2006

A bracelet


Triangle and square and seed beads Posted by Picasa

This is the first kit project I've ever done. Bought it for $9.95 from a store in La Mesa, California. I was thrilled I was able to follow the instructions! The photo doesn't do it justice. It's size four cube beads, size three triangle beads, and size 11 seed beads. You don't see the seed beads, do you? There's one seed bead between each triangle bead. They're a delicious violet/purple hue. And the clasp is a ball and hitch type. This is the first time I've seen such a clasp. You put the little round ball through the circle side of the clasp and it closes nice and secure.

What you can't see is that light reflects the purple color of the seed beads and the yellow and bluegreen of the triangle beads, so it's awfully pretty in the sun. I find it's very tactile too. I like running my hand along the bracelet. I have a small wrist though so I think the end loops take up too much of the bracelet on my wrist.

No comments: