Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vintage Lil 1983


My mom emailed me some photos today. Mine are all in storage in another state and I've really been missing them lately.

'Member the big perms of the '80s? Here's mine. My husband still thinks it's sexy. Hehe. I was almost 24 years old. A slow talkin' Texan named Bill took this and some other pics. He liked me and he was very nice. Well, he did pursue me, but he was like a big old bear. For one, he had a wife who came home to take a few things and she emptied the house and they got a divorce. He told the story so calm and it was funny the way he said it in his long, old drawl. Sometimes, I'd think he was all finished talking so I went back to my typing and he'd up and start talking in the middle of a sentence. Actually, he was just finishing his original sentence though. Haha! Also, at his house one time I was cold and he just didn't understand that I could be cold. I knew I couldn't be with a man who didn't make me warm. Then! I saw his bathroom sink. That was the end of that.

But I fancied my husband who was not yet my boyfriend and I could not date two men at the same company where I worked. I gave one of these to my husband before he was my husband. It's before I got my teeth fixed because it was my husband who got me my braces. Golly, and I weighed about 107 pounds soaking wet. Really.

No comments: