Saturday, September 08, 2007

Books

After dinner in the evenings before everyone disperses for evening activities, I've been reading a chapter from Susan Wise Bauer's The Story of the World. Everyone has enjoyed it. I do have an ulterior motive. It goes over some of the studies we've done so it'll reinforce those events.

I happened to go to the library yesterday. Oh yeah, oh yeah. I got some anatomy books and childbirth and s*xual abstinence books. I planned to do s*x education this year and go into depth, but the timetable has changed and the time is now.

It will be interesting to see how this goes. My husband cracks me up. He says I did such a good job with our eldest son that he'll just let me take care of this one too. "Um, do whatever you did before," he told me. Haha! Thinks he's getting out of it this time? No way! I have to school him a little though. We haven't even gone over the specific ins and outs. I mean we have, but descriptions change based on a child's age, right?

My husband says at the dinner table, "Whatever you do, be sure you use protection." Son says, "Whuh?" and my husband stammered and couldn't say another word. He looks at me with the word "Help" in one eye and "Me" in the other. I did not help him! You ought to have a game plan before you come out with that one. Husband, has no game plan. I do and it's based on biblical principles.