Saturday, November 20, 2004

The lavender bauble




'Twas a good hair day today. All because a couple days ago I purchased a cheapie-deep ponytail holder from Walgreen's (when I purchased the Paves). It has lavender plastic baubles stitched all around the edge. At first I wore it with my hair down but partially pulled back with a pony in the ponytail holder but later in the day I found I could bun all my hair and pop the holder around the bun and it was pretty that way too. It is so nice when you buy something that works.

The grapefruit essential oil is nice. I used such a wee bit as I didn't want to overdo it, so I need to conduct second test drive another day. This morning I used the coconut oil in my hair. The brand is Spectrum Naturals Coconut Oil for use on Hair and Skin. It was the specific brand I was shopping for. I won't know for a few days what I really think of it but it seemed to go on nicely. I mixed a bit in my hand, rubbed hands together to warm and liquify, added a drop of honeysuckle perfume oil and applied it to my hair. I defintely like the fragrance of honeysuckle perfume oil (on body or hair) but I already knew that. I used the coconut oil on my body last night as well. It's supposed to be excellent for very dry skin which I do get in the winter. We shall see.

Today I happened upon a goldmine of links in Fia's journal. I can't wait until I have time to sit down and peruse them. These are all links that she was saving for quick reference.

Natasha from NY I received your email and I will surely email you the instructions for the barefoot sandals tomorrow (Saturday). I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the simplicity of the pattern. The most critical step is your knotting technique.

No comments: