Thursday, October 27, 2011

O for omelet

O for Omelet. I've been cooking egg omelets on the week-ends. They're not too bad. I like doing it. I knew I would use O for Omelet for days. This Sunday I plan to invite Mayela over after churchity-church and make her an omelet. I do it just plain with cheese, but I need to think of something special to make it a special omelet for her. I'm not much of a cookity-cook. Usually I cook everything too fast because I'm hungry. I don't plan ahead for the hunger much even though after 50 years of getting hungry I should know to plan for it. My husband does. He's very good that way.

I woke with the song "We are stardust, we are golden, and we've got to get ourselves back to the garden." I thought the song was so deep. Now I think the lyrics are idiotic.

Started a Zumba class for Wednesday nights and six people came. Nice. I have really nice people in my class. I wondered if anyone would come.

The Zumba kids class is a see-saw for me. An emotional see-saw. I'm not really built for see-sawing. It wears me and gives me a stomach ache. I need stability. Children are not stable. One girl yesterday yelled out "I hate Zumba." And she was flopping around like a rag doll instead of trying to do the simplest move. She's 15 years old! Should I have stopped the class and marked her down for it? I don't know. I know I don't like disciplining other people's large children. And I don't mean large as in too big, but as in a very big child who should know how to behave politely in a group setting. I wonder what's really wrong with her, I mean, inside her heart. I think she's afraid to apply herself. I think it's easier to be a clown than to try, so she's a clown, albeit a mean one. The other girls, two of the teens, are afraid she will turn on them, so instead they try to be friends with her so she won't insult them. The younger girls are aware of her bad behavior and do not follow suit. They boys couldn't care less what she does. It's playground politics as Dr. Laura would say.

No comments: