Thursday, July 15, 2010

The arachnid

A spider.

I woke up yesterday morning.   I was laying very straight bodied.  Good thing I didn't curl up before I got out of bed.  So I was lying there straight.  I whip the covers off me because I'm going to swing my legs over the side of the bed and pop up to greet the day.  And what do I see?  Beside me?  A giant spider!  Yes, a big one.  Just sitting there.  Beside me.  It was so fast that I didn't even have time to get scared.  He ran toward the head of the bed and disappeared but I didn't see if he went northerly or easterly, and he was clear gone.  Tonight my husband had the light on at about 10pm.  He went to bed at 9pm.  I went in and asked if everything was okay.  He said something was on him and he killed it.  Yeah, like I'm gonna be able to sleep in there tonight now.

I slept outside part of the night last night.  Got bit four times by mosquitoes. One is a bump on my chin and it better go away by Saturday.

One night last winter I was getting ready for bed.  I turned on the light and I was already bending down to take my shoes off and I saw one of these spiders and it was moving like lightning speed.  They are remarkably fast, but crazy thing was I was faster than he was.  I smashed him with a shoe because there was nothing but shoes because I was by the shoes.  My good luck, his bad.

Truth is, I feel bad killing spiders.  I don't like them.  They can't be in my house and they shall die if they are (unless they're a Daddy Long Legs), but I don't like killing them.  I have to kill black widows and brown recluse's because they're dangerous being poisonous.  I like tarantulas.  They don't bite unless they're scared.  I wouldn't want one on me though.  I hate sun spiders most of all.  They horrify me.  Don't google "sun spiders" or you'll see one.  And ants.  I can't bear ants.

It's time for me to go to bed.  Eek!

3 comments:

April said...

Okay, I had to google "sun spiders" and I too was horrified... YEEEEOWWWW! I got me the shivers...

I don't like killing spiders either, but I'm with you about them being in the house... I really don't like them there!

We have daddy long legs all over the place at our farm, but fortunately they never come inside. I always liked them though... and they just look so silly with their long, skinny legs. Silly and so fragile.

It's the scorpions in our neck of the woods that scare me. Ugh.

You made me laugh today, Lil. :)

SchnauzerMom said...

If the spiders are outside they live. If they come inside they die.

Unknown said...

Eeek! After reading April's comment, I decided to google "sun spiders" too. EEEEEKKKKK! I do hope it wasn't one of THOSE in your bed! We don't have any menacing spiders here except brown recluse. I try and rescue spiders when I see them. If they are in bed with me, no rescuing is gonna happen. Just wild screaming, flailing, and killing (the spider).