Thursday, October 29, 2009

Room to grow

Today was okay.  It was super cold.  We even got about eight snowflakes.  I hope tomorrow is partly sunny so we can go to the ranch.

I ordered some mane and tail conditioner and I told my husband it's the official mane and tail conditioner approved for all the stables of the Queen of England.  I'm serious.  Don't believe me?  Check out Valley Vet.  Yeah, put that in your pipe and smoke it, I tell ya.  When I get it I'm gonna use it first on Tiger the horse at Manny's ranch.  She's a working horse who lives outside 24/7 and she can head 'em up and move 'em out with the best of them.  She knows how to  make a stray cow get back with the herd.  I'm gonna give Tiger a gloriously shiny tail fit for a queen.  I don't think her name should be Tiger though.  If I named her I'd call her Starlight.  It's a pretty name and fits her because she's a light colored silver like starlight.  And Starlight reminds me of the story of one of Kate's first horse experiences.  When it's just Tiger and me together, I'm calling her Starlight.  Shhhhh.  We won't tell her owner.

WordPress.  I got it installed today and I have my new domain that I'm moving to someday.  It's pitifully plain because I am as yet mystified by WordPress.  I see everything I need in the control panel, but I have to select a theme.  There are literally hundreds, thousands, of free themes.  I need one I won't outgrow too fast and one I can customize with ease.  I've been swimming in themes tonight. 

And we have a cactus wren hanging out here.  Saw her two days in a row zipping around the camp site.  She is so cute!

No comments: