Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hey, whose blog is this

Noodled around a bit and still, if I use the better templates I get no comments.  I like the CuteBlogger layouts I see everywhere.  But I feel like I'm at someone else's blog.  Where am I?  Who am I?  This layout is really not me.  I saw it as I was surfing around today and I liked it so I got it.  If in real life you ever see Liliana with little white daisies and bubbles you'll know she's gone over the edge.

Today my arm is a little sore from all that rotating yesterday.  I want to go to Manny's ranch and groom horses tomorrow after home-school, but Kelly hasn't called me back.  I don't want to go alone.  There's no phone service of any kind out there, so I don't spose I want to be all by myself.

Fantastic news.  I successfully moved my old homeschooling for preschool site.  I had a few false starts, but Bluehost has a forum where users help other users, kind of informal, and I got great late night help from a great guy.

The only thing is, he failed to tell me how to transfer a lot of files all at once by highlighting the first one and using the shift key and selecting a whole list down to the bottom at once.  Consequently, I manually uploaded 300 files.  Yes, I did.  That's two clicks per file x 300 = 600 clicks.  I am hardcore I tell ya.

Now I'm hopped up to do WordPress.  Now that Abecedarian is moved I can try it out.  I have to buy a domain, then I have figure out how it goes on my control panel and in the FTP panels. I've gotten to where I recognize sites that are using WordPress.  They're all over the place.  I didn't know that.

I think I'll use the name that I picked and used briefly a couple years before I had this blog.  I'd like A Little Grace, but it's taken.  I'd have to use Just a Little Grace or something like that.

As I was cleaning up links at Abecedarian, and sadly there were lots of dead links, it was kind of a hoot looking at some of the other Geocities sites.  Some of their designs look so dated now.  It's kind of funny to see the old banners we used to trade and stuff.  Gosh, it defines a time of my life so much.  I was all into Stay-at-Home Momhood having quit my job.  Figured if I'm going to do it, then I'm going to do it right.  Question I had was, how do you be a good SAHM.  Then I got turned on to homeschooling and attachment parenting from surfing the web.  Many links to resources I used and loved are gone and some turned into pay sites so I deleted them.  Time marches on.  Updating is good.

Thank you for the lovely comments you left.  I have the best followers.  I wonder if someday I will look back, and this will be a defining time in my life.

No comments: