Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Oklahoma thunder


National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. Photo taken June 5, 2009

We stopped at a perfect time. It was about 3:30pm and started to rain and there was a KOA Kampground only a few miles away. We got completely setup and inside within ten minutes. And we have thunder! Big, giant, rumbling, bumbling thunder! As long as there's no tornado we like it.

My husband just cut up some watermelon for us to eat and it's delicious. Watermelon. It reminds me of, hmmm, it reminds me of being eight years old in Nebraska, of hot summer time and we kids running around having a watermelon seed spitting fight. It was Timmy and Chrissy and me. Timmy was one year my junior and Chrissy and I were the same age. Timmy was my first kiss. It was in the days when a peck between a little boy and girl was not illegal and it was sweet, not vulgar. They call him Tim now, not Timmy, of course. He had curly blonde hair.

A couple weeks ago when I was at the hospital I got three hair compliments at once and it was from three black girls. I was at the lab and my hair was down and they said I had pretty hair, long hair, and then my two favorite comments, they liked how it shows the change in my hair color over time, and it's healthy. I totally should have told them I attribute its health to coconut oil but being as how I had dropped off some samples I wanted to escape quickly and quietly.

Hafta make dinner now. It's leftover homemade chicken noodle soup, one of our favorites. Having soup for dinner on a rainy day - you can't beat it. Son has had a sore throat and fever so it'll be good for him. It'll soothe his throat.

No comments: