Friday, June 27, 2008

People


Usually I can't photograph people. The human beings quash, as in extinguish, the joy of photography for me when I see the fake smile, the discomfort, the resentment of being photographed. So rather than go through all the asking and feeling people out about how they feel about being photographed, I turn to the sunset or the critters.

But yesterday I got a couple people pics I actually like. This is one of them. A beautiful girl. The prettiest girls are the ones who don't know they're pretty. Actually, she's an athlete. Competitive at heart, and I think she's a Daddy's Girl too. Click to enlarge. I like the expression and the feel.

I was using the telephoto lens. Maybe that's the key for me? Photograph people from at least 30 feet distance. Heh.

No comments: