Friday, December 07, 2007

There's good and bad

The good news is UPS says my scimitar will be delivered on Monday! The bad news is my money order for my faux silk skirt and matching veil has not arrived to its destination. It appears to be lost. The eBay lady opened a dispute on the 5th and I think she's being patient, but I am not sure if she might decide to give me a bad mark. I'm not sure if she's nice or not. She seems a little short. When I had a problem with the Akai silks lady she was super nice. When it comes down to the wire, I could care less about a bad mark on my puny eBay history but having my money order lost - that hurts my feelings a lot. I think she should have just emailed with me and not opened a dispute. I do not feel good about a dispute. She asked me to put a tracer on it and on Monday I'll go to the USPS to see how to do that. I've never heard of putting a tracer on a piece of mail. I don't have a lot of faith in the post office. Either she'll get my letter or she won't. I'm not ordering anything from eBay any more.

And I'm at my wits end with doing parables for our devotional with my husband. He says they're all hard to understand - even after I explain them. He says why don't they just come out and say what they mean. I explained that parables were common in those times. I explained that the fact that they are parables is the reason why they survived through oral tradition long enough to be written down. I explained that Jesus wants to make you think and wants to make you ask questions. My pearls of wisdom fall on deaf ears.

I don't know. Maybe I should change my devotionals. He's smarter than I am. I think he's being stubborn and mule-headed. He's trying to make me mad.