Monday, December 10, 2007

Kettletop Mountain today



Received my scimitar this afternoon. It balances! I'm thrilled to have it in my hands. It balances very well which I'm glad about because some people said not to buy one sight unseen, but what choice have I? It's not like I'm going to run into a balancing scimitar somewhere in the New Mexican desert. I'm going to use it for a few days then submit a good review to the web site where I bought it. It's so shiny! I will need a little padding for my noggin though. I'm not sure I can get used to it with no padding. I've read that some women got some broken hairs from where the scimitar sits on their head and I surely can't afford that. I walked around with it on my head for about ten minutes. My husband doesn't want me to use in in the trailer. I hope I can change his mind about that because sometimes it's cold outside. I want to get a piece of cork for the tip because, dang, it's sharp. Saroyan swords can take a long walk off a short pier as far as I'm concerned. I have a sword that balances, cost a lot less money, looks like a bad mojambo, and if I didn't like it I could have returned it. Saroyan doesn't take returns. Saroyan will never get my money either.

My hair is so dirty. I wanted to wash it Sunday morning but our hot water heater wasn't working very well. After my last chilly shower I was not too keen on taking a chance with another one. I wash my bangs and pull my hair back and it's passable. I figured I'm probably the only one looking at myself that much at church anyway.

We went to Cruces today. I'm kind of getting to know one of the employees at Jo-Ann Fabrics. She's Chinese (I think) and I like her. I think she has a son in Europe. We chatted about weather and she asked me what I'm making and said I'm clever, which I'm not but she's awful nice to say so. I feel her personality and I like it. She's always helpful and nice even with people who ask inane questions like how much of this do I need. I think she gets that a lot!

My money order for my purple skirt and veil seems to be lost. I submitted a tracer request at the post office today and WE3Bellydance cancelled my order. I guess eBay has a time limit for orders. It's the skirt I really wanted after intense online shopping, so don't know what I'll do now.

The photo is my favorite landmark here - Kettletop Mountain. Ted Turner owns all that land over there. Guess he's buying up Nebraska too and peeps are upset about it. He's buying everything over the Ogallala aquifier which is the largest aquifer in the world. And it just happens to be smack dab under Nebraska. My family on my dad's side are there and that's how come I know how to fry chicken so well.

The day was rainy. All day. But there was a rainbow at the end of the loop here tonight and across the lake Kettletop was partially bathed in sunshine. The clouds above it are an unusual sight. This is the view from the front of our trailer. I wish we had a window pointing that direction, but we have to go outside to see it. I'm not complaining!