Thursday, July 26, 2007

Blue Angels overhead


I know, it's just some airplanes but my husband likes this one so I thought to post it.

I get to go to a photography class. Yay! Tomorrow morning is the beginner class and Saturday is the intermediate class. My son found out about it for me and wrote all the information down for me, bless his little heart. I think I'll keep the info because I love his handwriting. Actually, during handwriting it frustrates me to no end because I think it should be neater, but in the real world I am touched by his handwriting.

This is the first day I didn't get out and take any pictures. I took a shower instead. Yeah, it's an all day thing. Haha!

Today I ordered my swimsuit of 2007. It's going to be the new Liliana! Boy howdy, I got an email from a friend who says she goes out swimming all day long even though she feels like a walrus. Wait a minute! That's exactly how I feel. I am not lithe, not smooth, not nicely tanned. Then sun only highlights it. It pains me so. But I look pretty good at dusk. When I was 16 I wouldn't go to the beach at all until I had already gotten a tan in the backyard. Oh how I pitied the untanned white people! Yesterday I went to the pool to watch our son and I sat still and quiet in a chair in the shade with my arms crossed in front of me and wearing a hot smile - like an elderly woman about 70, no 80, no, 95 years old. I don't want to do that anymore! I was not happy even while I was doing it. I'm 48, not dead. So I must venture out with my imperfect (but still very functional body). I intend to be courageous about it like my high school friend. I'll shall have some verve, some joie de vivre. And maybe even a little grace!

Well, off to bed for me. I have a class at the crack of 10:00am.