Friday, September 15, 2006

Placed Amazon order

Oh boy! I ordered four beading books; one about making beaded ornaments and three about making beaded earrings.

Accent on Beaded Ornament Covers
Techniques of Fashion Earrings
An Earful of Designs
Beaded Images: Intricate Beaded Jewelry Using Brick Stitch

I will make beaded ornaments for Christmas gifts. The earring books I need because there's no bead store within 300 miles that I like and the books will call out colors needed for each design. (Uh, I think.)

The bead store in Las Cruces is dark and dank and I dislike the owner. The other one is over priced and small. Good if you need one unusual, particular bead. Their selection of Japanese seed beads is small. So, I shall order all my beads online this winter. My husband said I could and said I should since I don't like the stores. I love him so.

In the evening our son says "Mamma, why don't you do some beading." I don't know why, but for some reason it gives him warm fuzzies - me beading at the kitchen table. In the trailer where ever we are, we're close. Not only physically but emotionally. It's been an unexpected positive side effect of our changed lifestyle. In a big house family members are physically separated, and when there are children it can become a spiritual, mental, and emotional distance too. A family just doesn't need a 2,500 square foot house.

I still have to sew a pair of flannel frog pajamas before I start anything new! Boy, those p.j.'s are hanging over my head. Gotta get them sewn this week-end.

And I've had this hankering lately to take a picture of my hair.

No comments: