Wednesday, October 19, 2005

My first decent moonshot


Moonlight is reflected sunlight Posted by Picasa

My third night trying to capture the moon. Unfortunately, it is now a waning gibbous moon, no longer the perfect full moon of three nights ago. Ah well. There's always next month. But! will I be in a place where the moonrise is so spectacular? That is the question.

This shot, I am not satisfied with. It's not remarkable, it's just okay. Maybe I can improve my settings. At least I now have a solid starting point.

Thank you to all my S2 IS peeps! I used manual mode (thanks Vincent) and amazingly, tonight I figured out how to adjust the aperture and shutter speed (thanks Menno). Oooo weee! What a rush. One small step for man, one giant leap for Liliana-kind. I took the moon at shutter speed 1/125 and aperture 7.1. I took the lake reflection at shutter speed 1/6 - really, really low - then blended moon with lake in Photoshop (thanks Ambrose!).

Actually this is what the moon really looked like, but I wanted a whiter moon. I think a whiter moon might complement the lake reflection better.

No comments: