Saturday, November 24, 2007

Trying

I'm trying to sew a baby blanket. It's flannel and I bought pretty satin binding for the edge. The last mitered corner is a bearcat though. I hope I can make it work. I suppose I've spent three hours already on a one hour "easy peasy" sewing project that failed to even mention the last corner is harder to do than the first three.

I decided I will make my dad a rice warmer for his arm that hurts. His ankles hurt sometimes too I think. I had one that I made for myself and I loved how it warmed my frozen feet at night. I will make my dad two maybe. One for his back which he could use pretty much anywhere, and one about 5"x30" for his arm.

Mermayd. She's the one got me goin'. She's made some awesome jewelry gifts. She sent me pics and boy, one of 'em was real shiny and it's still shining in my mind! She's gotten so good at designing necklaces.