Sunday, January 30, 2011

I didn't teach last Tuesday, but I did on Thursday and Saturday. On Thursday I phoned Sandra because one of the routines requires a lot of bending and I knew I couldn't do it. I asked her if she'd come up on stage and dance it with me and, bless her heart, she said okay. I notice her because she dances it full out. She was the perfect person to come up and do it with me. She did great. I did the low impact and she did the high impact. I modified any moves that bothered my back and told everyone to dance like they usually do even if I'm doing low impact. On the boot camp move where we go down to the floor like a push up and then jump up, I hopped (okay, I scooted gingerly) off stage and counted next to each person who was doing them. It was fun!

Saturday I did more jumping and today my back is letting me know. Dag nabbit. I have to take it easier on Tuesday. Saturday's class was small with only five people, but they were very enthusiastic. They clapped a lot between songs. It was wonderful.

Missed churchity-church this morn. I had a hormone headache yesterday and took three Tylenol PMs. Had the night sweats too. Ain't life grand.

Went to a get together yesterday and commented that my church supports missions on every continent in the world except Antarctica, and that we'd support missions there too if penguins had souls. Uh oh. Someone didn't like the idea that animals have no soul. She was going to fuss about it but she decided not too. I looked everything up today to be sure I've got the biblical accounts correct, so we'll see if she brings it up some other time. I'm not much for debating if people are mean and she's nice to me, but can be very rough around the edges when she chooses.

Factoids. The Bible doesn't say for sure that animals do have a soul or don't have a soul. We do know God breathed life into Adam. And animals have the breath of life in them (Genesis 7:15). We know God created humankind in His likeness and His image - mind, emotions, will - and soul. (Genesis 1 and 2) That's the difference. Bella and Angel are not made in the image of God.

The prophet, Isaiah, says the wolf will feed with the lamb (pretty popular verse in 11:6) so we know animals will exist in the millennium (the 1000 years when Jesus will reign). Revelation (there's really no "s" in Revelation, the book written by John) talks about a new earth and while it doesn't mention animals, I know God is a good God. He is a just God. I am positive He has it all worked out and that it's a good plan. Who can have the mind of God except for God! Our son has allergies and in heaven we will live in perfection - no allergies. Imagine that. I think if I were an animal I'd want to belong to a Christian. Perhaps we will be surrounded by all our beloved pets when we get to heaven. That's just supposition on my part, but I like to think of it.

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Never really did believe animals had souls either Lil. When Noah was in the ark, there were only 8 souls that were saved. If that is so, what about the animals that were with him, you know what I mean?

However, I believe we are suppose to treat the animals we own with kindness. When you even think of all the different kinds of fish, reptiles, birds, etc. etc. it really makes you take some time out and stand in awe of our Creator.

You know what is truely touching? He even sees when a sparrow falls.

SchnauzerMom said...

I believe that animals will be in the new heaven and the new earth. Can't prove it. But why would God create all this unique variety of life and then just snuff it all out. He's in control, that's all that matters.

Liliana said...

Yes, He knows when a sparrow falls. And every hair on our head, and He knew us before we were even knit in our mother's womb. I like all of those. If I may ramble, reminds me too of D.H. Lawrence, “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.” I think of it when I'm feeling sorry for myself.

I just found out about new earth. Wowie kazowie! I'm in a new Bible study class on Wednesday nights and am learning a lot already!