Saturday, May 25, 2013

First day of Memorial Day week-end.  Our hay delivery day.  We're getting 150 bales.  It's a lot of hard, hot, itchy work moving 150 bales off the semi and into storage.  My husband is working 3-midnight today and he went with them.  He can take a nap later.  I hope he sleeps well for his nap.  Usually the day after hay delivery everyone is sore.  He's never had to work on the day we get our hay.  Son and he should be here in about an hour or less now.  I feel worried.

Jesus.  He isn't just partly human and partly divine.  He is completely human and completely divine at the same time.  The divine nature made it impossible for the him to err or sin in any way.  (From the commentary book I've ordered from Amazon.)  That's how he was able to live a perfect life.

Augustine said, "The New is in the Old concealed.  The Old is in the New revealed."  That so rocks.  Little ditties like that I can remember and then I can launch into why the OT is still relevant today.  One friend said to me, he doesn't like the angry, violent God of the OT.  Well, the God of the Old Testament is the same God as the New Testament.

And I read somewhere, can't remember where, it's a sad fact that leaders who chose a path of error or sin rarely turn back from it.  Where did I see that, and is it true.

2 comments:

SchnauzerMom said...

The so called angry God of the Old Testament is the one who so loved the world that He sent His only Son to die for us.

Liliana said...

I can use that. Thanks Katherine!