Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's beginning to feel

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! Two more sleeps to go.

I had a very productive day. Our son got a job, in fact, two jobs, dog sitting, so he's a happy guy. The last Christmas gift I ordered came in today and that's good.

I have a new memorization done. This is it. Do you know who said it?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

March 23, 1775, speech by whom? Extra points if you know where!

Someday I'm going to use it.

3 comments:

Jules said...

I cheated and looked it up but I won't spoil it for others by saying whom or where. Considering I'm not American and have never studied American history surely I can be forgiven for not having a clue! I like what he said though. And I love the Christmassy look of your blog. Only one sleep to go here. Happy Christmas, Jules

SchnauzerMom said...

Love the new look of your blog! I've heard that saying before but I'm not real positive who said it. Was it Patrick Henry?

Liliana said...

Oh girl, you got it. It's Patrick Henry! He said it at the House of Burgesses in the colony of Virginia. What burgesses, I wondered. It was before the colonies became states so the House of Burgesses was their legislative body. I wanna be sure our son knows about our forefathers, so that's how I got on to it.

Jules, you get points because you went to the trouble to look it up. You are a good student! I should know someone important from New Zealand or Australian history now.

Merry Christmas to you both!