Monday, February 07, 2005

Almonds, air drying, and a teensy bangs braid

Don't you hate it when the days are dreary and go on and on? Well I'm feeling better, like my old self again. I'm eating almonds now. For three months I've been eating cashews. I got a wee bit tired of the cashews so almonds are a welcome change. They're like Lay's potato chips. You can't eat just one, but they're very good for the hair, skin, nails, and joints.

I've let my hair air dry several times. Today I let it air dry. I nearly took the blow dryer to it at 3:00 pm because the dampness made my head so cold, but I didn't. It's wavier in back and has a bit of the fuzz factor around my head which I'm not crazy for, but we'll give it a whirl.

About six months ago I let part of my bangs grow out so they could be more wispy and now it tucks behind my ears nicely but I don't like the way it curves, so today I braided the grown out part into an eensy, teensy braid and pinned the braid to one side. Looks kind of nice.

As for hair washing, over the past month and a half I have been going hog wild, literally washing my hair whenever I wanted to. Whenever I wanted to I say! Imagine that. I'm tired of trying to stick to a schedule to keep washing to a minimum, and most of all tired of trying to fix smelly hair. On occasion, I washed my hair twice in a row. Crazy, huh. In my estimation, I'm still progressing in my journey because though I'm washing more than I'd hope to, I may be on the brink of setting aside my blow dryer. That seems like a fair trade to me. Or is that called a big, fat rationalization.

I've been dedicated about doing a scalp wash at least once a week. That should be good for something.

No comments: