Sunday, January 02, 2005

No silicone products. Experiment completed.

November 22, 2004 through January 2, 2005.
I'm done with my no silicone project. I had read that some women found lots of split ends and general dryness to their hair when they discontinued using 'cone containing hair products. The consensus was that by using Pantene (or other silicone product), the 'cones were actually disguising split ends and general poor health of the hair such that the hair appeared healthy when in fact it was not. I felt I had to try going completely without Pantene in order to assess the true health of my hair. Well, my hair is the same. It has the same feel, same fullness, same appearance, same, same, same. So I'm done. I did it and I'm glad.

Yesterday I bought Alterna enzymetherapy hemp seed straightening balm. I tried a sample prior to November last year and knew I liked it. It works pretty well to smooth out those pokey silver hairs at the nape of my neck. It is loaded with 'cones! I like all the oils I use very, very much...and, well, I like the silicone products too. I will use them sometimes.

No comments: